
Well my sister in law Carley called tonight to tell us she will be induced with our sweet lil nephew, John Clark, on Sunday. We are very excited especially since this is their first child. Throughout her pregnancy I keep talking to the boys about their new baby cousin that lives in Aunt Carley's belly. Jude is at the age where he likes to ask alot of questions and his main concern has been "Mama, is John Clark white or is he black?" To me this is so funny because he is so innocent in his questioning. We never talk about race in our family and make it a special point to teach the boys that God made everyone, and we love everyone no matter what color skin that have. Up to this point I didn't even have a clue that Jude knew much of the difference between African Americans and Caucasians because we have never made it a big deal. After Carley called I was excited and was telling the boys that John Clark will be here in a few days, YAY! Jude once last time looks at me and says, "SO is he white?" This has been kind of a funny ongoing thing between me and Carly since Jude has been questioning the "color" of her child so of course I immediately called her so we could laugh about it. Kids are so funny and can say funny things that are so innocent in nature. Love it! Here is a pic of Aunt Carley in all her preggo glory :). Can't wait to post pics of sweet John Clark.....
 |
| The boys LOVE Uncle Rankin and Aunt Carley |
 |
| John Clark all warm and snug in the belly |
When I was pregnant, a child asked me what color the baby was in my belly. It's so funny how they think!
ReplyDeleteLOL I love it. That is funny! When they say things it often takes you to the realization of how innocent and untainted children are.
ReplyDelete